Retail Sales Associate
Start Date: Immediately
As a Retail Associate of Modern Companion, you believe every product and service Modern Companion offers enhance the lives of dogs AND their pet parents. You strive to be an expert in the products we sell to ensure customers see you as a trustworthy and invaluable resource. As the first and last point of contact with customers, face-to-face, on the phone, and online. You must deliver an exceptional customer experience every time. When it comes to retail, it’s all about the customer experience. Excellent customer service is your number one priority. Ensuring our customers walk out the door happier than they came in is vital to Modern Companion's success. This belief guides all your interactions, strategies, and decisions to be successful in your position.
*You must be available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays. Please do not apply if you are unable to work all three of these days.
- Be friendly and courteous to customers, suppliers, and co-workers.
- Greet all dogs with some treats and/or pup cups, petting, and doing everything to win the hearts of the pet parent and make the dog feel comfortable.
- Actively engage customers in conversation and assist in understanding, demonstrating, describing, and selecting our dog and cat merchandise.
- Utilize a working knowledge of all our retail merchandise, including price, any particular product considerations, and stock locations in the store and in the back stock room.
- Confidently and effectively implement cross-selling (add-ons) and upselling.
- Complete any daily, weekly, and monthly checklists assigned.
- Accurately process all transactions with customers relating to the scanning of the inventory, pricing, and payment
- Meet our daily/weekly/monthly sales goals
- Operate our online inventory management system confidently.
- Assist with pulling, packing, and updating online orders.
- Create new and updated product listings in our Inventory Management System by following our inputting procedures.
- Accurately perform all inventory processing, merchandise inspection, receiving into the POS, tagging, stocking, and displaying.
- Actively maintain the store appearance by keeping merchandise neatly organized and attractively displayed.
- Assist co-workers as needed to ensure projects and tasks are completed on time.
- Provide additional help for special events, holiday weekends, and/or other weekdays may be asked for on an as-needed basis.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Outgoing is a must!
- Prior Customer Service Experience Required
- MUST LOVE ALL PETS!
- Comfortable and quick with technology and software.
- Familiar with social media.
- Strong time management skills.
- Must be able to make quick and educated decisions.
- Must love to smile!
- Must have pets of your own!
- General dog knowledge.
- Subject to lifting up to 40+ lbs and standing, stooping, bending, and walking for long periods.
- Must be willing to get dirty on the job and be comfortable around the occasional canine urine, feces, and vomit.
- Must be able to be on your feet for more than 4+ hours
*You must be available on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays from 11am-6pm. Please do not apply if you are unable to work all three of these days. This is also NOT a seasonal position. Please do not apply if you are going back to school in the fall and are not available for the above dates/times.
- Getting to work with animals
- Employee Discount
Please submit the form below.