Special Events Intern
Calling all college students! We’re looking for an outgoing intern who has a passion for event hosting, planning and of course pets. This special events intern will be responsible for running our booth at the Soda City Market weekly on Saturday mornings as well as other events as needed. This internship is paid and we can work with you to receive college credit if needed.
Modern Companion is a community-driven lifestyle pet brand that creates and curates products for stylish pets and humans. We create innovative accessories that follow the latest fashion trends. Made with craftsmanship, one-of-a-kind patterns and are functionally fitting for the modern-day pet. Modern Companion sells direct to consumers through our website. We wholesale our products to over 60+ retail boutiques in the United States and one major retailer. We recently just opened a brick-and-mortar pet boutique in Chapin, South Carolina, that not only carries our products but other stylish and well-known brands.
- The special events intern will be responsible for running our tent at The Soda City Market on Saturday mornings from 7:30am - 1:30pm. The market is located on Main Street in Columbia, SC and held every Saturday morning rain or shine
- Availability for other events as needed, especially during holiday and the holiday season and almost always on the weekends.
- Setting up our booth including the tent, signage, tables, and displays
- Placing product on display
- Talking to customers
- Acting as a brand ambassador for Modern Companion
- Using our mobile point of sale system
- Handling Cash and Credit Cards
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent attention to detail and customer service
- Intimate knowledge of pets and pet accessories
- Reliable transportation
- A love for pets!
- Columbia, SC
- Occasionally events in or around Columbia, SC.
How to apply:Email Maddie at email@example.com with resume.