Weekday Retail Sales Associate
Weekday Retail Sales Associate
Start Date: Immediately
As a Sales Associate of Modern Companion, you believe every product and service Modern Companion offers enhances the lives of dogs AND their pet parents. You strive to be an expert in the products we sell to ensure customers see you as a trustworthy and invaluable resource. As the first and last point of contact with customers, via face-to-face, on the phone, and by email, you must deliver an exceptional customer experience every time. When it comes to retail, it’s all about the customer experience. Excellent customer service is your number one priority. Ensuring our customers walk out the door happier than they came in is vital to Modern Companion's success. This belief guides all your interactions, strategies, and decisions to be successful in your position.
This is a part-time position. We are looking for someone that can work 3-5 days 10 am-6 pm during the week and occasionally on Weekends for events.
- Be friendly and courteous to customers, suppliers, and co-workers.
- Greet all dogs with some treats and/or pup cups, petting, and doing everything to win the hearts of the pet parent and make the dog feel comfortable.
- Actively engage customers in conversation and assist in understanding, demonstrating, describing, and selecting our dog and cat merchandise.
- Encourage customers to join our VIP list, Treat Program, and participate in events.
- Promptly report any elevated customer issues to management immediately so that we retain their business and keep their satisfaction with Modern Companion high.
- Utilize a working knowledge of all our retail merchandise, including price, any particular product considerations, and stock locations in the store and in the back stock room.
- Meet our daily/weekly/monthly sales goals.
- Tour the sales floor daily to identify new merchandise and where items may have moved.
- Confidently and effectively implement cross-selling (add-ons) and upselling.
General Clerical Functions
- To the highest standards, execute all opening and closing procedures when scheduled.
- To the highest of standards, execute all other task lists as they relate to your job functions.
- Confidently operate our computerized point of sale (POS) cash register and inventory management system.
- Accurately process all transactions with customers relating to the scanning of the inventory, pricing, payment, and wrap-up.
- Reconcile cash registers at the beginning and end of the day
- Complete any daily, weekly, and monthly checklists assigned.
Buying & Managing Inventory
- Check and add to the list of low-in-stock inventory items for re-order
- Accurately perform all inventory processing; merchandise inspection, receiving into the POS, tagging, stocking, and displaying.
- Create new and updated product listings in our Inventory Management System by following our inputting procedures.
- Identify opportunities for increased sales within our inventory through events, promos, and merchandising.
- Accurately execute all special orders (in-store, phone, internet), including accurate sales information to the customer (cost, tax, shipping fees), order fulfillment, shipping and payment.
- Be aware of slow-moving products and create opportunities to increase product sales through promos and merchandising techniques.
- Pack and move inventory for special events, pop-ups, etc.
- Execute small day-to-day goals or larger projects as assigned by the Owner, Assistant Store Manager, or Sales Associates
- Assist with annual physical inventory
Cleaning & Stocking
- Actively maintain the store appearance throughout your shift by keeping merchandise neatly organized and attractively displayed, folding clothing, and forward face products to maintain the highest level of visual presentation.
- Restock merchandise daily.
- Maintain a clean and organized stockroom and back stock drawers.
- May have to clean outside or be given special cleaning assignments.
- Be an excellent role model to co-workers by upholding employee policies and executing all job responsibilities to the highest standards.
- Assist co-workers as needed to ensure projects and tasks are completed on time.
- Display professionalism, respect, and courtesy to your co-workers and managers.
- Learn about all products we sell through the product packaging, training aids, videos, websites, sales reps, and any other opportunity presented to you.
- Take seriously and complete any ongoing education and training as management presents it to you.
- Participate in research and training of other team members as requested of you.
- Share tips, tools, and facts you discover with co-workers and management relevant to our products, general dog health and behavior, and sales techniques.
- High School Diploma or Higher Required
- Customer Service Experience Required
- MUST LOVE ALL PETS!
- Comfortable and quick with technology and software.
- Familiar with social media.
- Strong time management skills.
- Must be able to make quick and educated decisions.
- Must love to smile!
- General dog knowledge.
- Subject to lifting up to 40+ lbs and standing, stooping, bending, and walking for long periods.
- Some ladder climbing.
- Must be willing to get dirty on the job and be comfortable around the occasional canine urine, feces, and vomit.
- Must be able to be on your feet for approximately 8-hour shifts
Benefits: Hourly Pay & Employee Discounts
Please send us your resume, a bit about yourself, references, and a document that answers the following questions below to Maddie at email@example.com , or feel free to stop in our store and introduce yourself.
- What days are you available to work during the week?
- Do you have pets? If so, what kind?
- Do you have any knowledge of pet products or brands? Please name a few!
- Which ones are some of your pet's favorite products?
- Why would you like to work for Modern Companion?
About Modern Companion
Modern Companion is a pet boutique located in Chapin, SC. We are committed to being a community-driven brand and boutique that creates and curates products for stylish pets and humans. We create innovative accessories that follow the latest fashion trends. Made with craftsmanship, one-of-a-kind patterns are functionally fitting for the modern-day pet. Modern Companion sells direct to consumers through our website, through wholesale, and through our storefront. Our storefront not only carries our products but other stylish and well-known brands. Modern Companion has a significant presence on social platforms, including over 33,000 followers on Instagram, 2,000 Facebook followers, and 35,000 Tik Tok followers.